Hi there, my name's Nathan and I'm here to write and design fun, interesting, visually stimulating stuff for your website or print publication.
I’ve been writing online for over a decade, contributing to popular outlets like Uproxx, IGN, Cracked, and ComicBook. My work, which has accumulated over 120 million page views, tackles popular topics (video games, movies, history and science, to name a few) with a sense of humor and a unique point of view.
I'm also well versed in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and can create original cartoon art, complex edited images and striking online and print layouts for you.
Few can match the broad range of abilities I bring to the table. Want to add some visual panache to your articles? Need somebody with experience writing online video? Looking for a good mix of thought provoking and funny content? You could hire half-a-dozen people to fulfill all those desires, or you could hire just one. Personally, I'd go with the latter, but that's just me!
A collection of some of my favorite (or most popular) articles.
- 20 Fascinating Facts You May Not Know About Super Mario Bros.
- The Five Creepiest Urban Legends (That Happen to be True)
- Will Wonder Woman Make Blockbusters Safe For Romance Again?
- Goliath’s Fall: What You Never Knew About The Late Life And Career Of André The Giant
- Your Guide To The Dos And Don’ts Of Retro Video Gaming
- 6 Human Character Flaws (That Saved the Species)
- The New Adventures of Captain N: Brain Age Blowout
- Man of Steel: The Superhero Movie Too Superhero-y For The Masses?
- A Brazilian Tribe Is Preserving Their Indigenous Culture Through Video Games
- Ridiculous Rudolph: A Merry Ranking Of The 10 Craziest Rankin-Bass Holiday Specials
- An Ode To Instructions: Why I’ll Miss Video Game Manuals
- What Happens When Hollywood Makes Up Its Own Superheroes?
If you want a more comprehensive overview of my writing, you can check out collections of my heavily-researched features on classic video games and pro wrestling history, or my recent video game reviews. If you want to go broader still, you can browse a full listing of every article I’ve written for Uproxx, ComicBook’s gaming vertical WWG, and Wccftech.
A small sampling of layout, graphic design, and original art work I’ve done for Cracked, IGN, and other clients. Click on the images to cycle through the gallery.
An example of the video reviews I have written and helped edit. Click the images to watch.